Les détails font la perfection et la perfection n'est pas un détail.
Léonard de Vinci

samedi 18 février 2012

Paneling ...

As the whole workshop is supposed to be paneled, I decided to make my own paneling because buying it would have been to costly.
So I took some dark wood (not good enough for furniture) I have in stock and cut it to length and width
Then, with my circular saw and a special blade, I made a first 0,6 mm groove on both side :
The second groove is done 0,6 mm ahead and bit higher :

 Because sanding would have ruined the grooves, for cleaning I used a razor blade which can be a great tool !
After painting and lightly aging, here is the completed paneling :
 And now, back to work because I must do a huge quantity of this wood paneling ...
Have a nice week end and stay tuned !

5 commentaires:

  1. Your finished room is going to look very special!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It's a good idea to make panels yourself, it also looks much better than what you can buy.
    I love how your workshop is looking, you have picked such a beautifull colorscheme. And the details and little corners and niches make it so interesting to look at!

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...